29 May 2009

Missing light from the world

I met Mia at Southampton Institute when we lived and worked together at the Halls of Residence. What stays with me is that she was always asking questions and there are few attributes better in a person than that. I have a picture of her somewhere and I will try to find it to share (it annoys me that I cannot find it).

One thing I will always remember is that a friend and I were sitting in her room, and she asked us to explain an element of theoretical physics. She was clearly well out of her depth, but really wanted to understand and we did our best to help her on her journey. Question after question...

She was once kind enough to talk to me when she had relationship difficulties at the time we lived together. We became quite close, not as close as I would have liked and there will always be a part of me that is sad that we did not know each other better but I am more than happy that she was a part of my life at that time. She once wrote me a very nice letter and I will treasure it.

She contributed to this planet and while many can say that, few can say they did it as well as Mia. The cliche of "The flame that burns twice as bright" is sadly proven yet again...

I am sure we all share my thoughts of sympathy and positive thoughts for those that were close to her.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment