30 May 2009

Graduation Ceremony 2002, Southampton

Mia touched so many lives, and I like to think I was profoundly blessed to have met her while studying journalism in Southampton.

Mia was one in a billion, so warm, so kind, so caring., so intelligent...elegant and vivacious, bright, fun and positive - a Danish rose.

Such a great companion and friend. To spend even a little time with her was a rare and profound joy and a privilege.

Mia was also a great inspiration to me and she helped me to learn about life and about learning.

It was partly her work with AINA in Afghanistan and her fondness of children that made me decide to do some voluntary work a few years ago to do something myself and to help an organisation based in Vienna that supports a children's hospital in Basra in Iraq.

I never imagined I'd be doing something like this one day, writing this, on here, like this.

I cannot believe she is no longer in this world, but I know that in the next one, the angels will have their work cut out because she'll set a new standard for them to live up to and they'll have their work cut out trying to keep up with her.

Hopefully I'll continue to learn from what she taught me about life, and we'll all remember the happy moments in her company that we, her friends and family were blessed with.

She was truly one of life's treasures and so many people will miss her.

John Reynolds




No comments:

Post a Comment