11 June 2009

Sharing


One of the things I love about Mia is that she always shares. Her friends, her food, her time, her thoughts, her baby cakes. She realizes as few, that things come back thousandfold when you share.

I, myself, found Mia through sharing. Her brother and my good friend, Claus, shared her contact details, when I first moved to New York. On my first day in town, I found her sitting sharing a table in Lotus in LES. She showed me the neighboor and we shared the first of many meals.

Since we as friends and neighboors in LES have shared streets, stories, stuff and stary moments as her graduation, and not least her and Adam's wedding.

We have also shared tears and tenderness.

My next door neighboor still thinks Mia is my sister. She somehow was. And I miss her as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment