30 June 2009

Missing Mia

Whenever I would go to New York for a few days of work, Mia would take me out to her favourite places. She'd show me cute little cafés for brunch or coffee, take me to her favourite Italian restaurants, and made me discover the amazing music scene in NY. I guess she wanted me to love the city as much as she did... Last night, I was listening to some music on my iPod and suddenly heard a song by Tom Baxter, which immediately made me think of Mia. The last time I saw her in NY, she took me to the Living Room to see Norah Jones in concert and the day after we went to the Cutting Room where Tom Baxter held his first NY gig. I had never heard of him before, but we quite enjoyed the concert and both ended up buying his CD.
As I heard one of his songs yesterday, it suddenly made me feel so sad to think that the next time I go to NY Mia won't be there to share laughs with and tell me "Life....what a ride, huh?" I really miss her...

1 comment:

  1. La conocí en Puerto Banus,durante un año trabajamos juntos y fue una buena amiga.Una magnífica persona.

    ReplyDelete