02 June 2009

Mistaken identity (February 2007)

I met Mia in Geneva through Javier and Marta back in 2006. I was heading to NYC in Feb 2007 and Marta suggested I get in touch with her. I did and we started to email each other on the upcoming trip. At the appointed time, I was waiting for her at a bar in the Lower East Side. She came in and passed by me then came back and looked at me in surprise. She asked what was I doing in NYC. Puzzled, I told her I was meeting her for drinks. She looked even more puzzled. It seems she was expecting our mutual friend who has the same name.... as soon as it dawned on her that she mistook me for the 'other' Joel we both broke out in laughter. I asked her if she was disappointed that it was me rather than the other fella. She assured me she wasn't, added with a smirk. She then asked me how I liked her new eye patch... I told her she looked as beautiful as ever... as you can see from this photo:


Love and miss you,
Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment