21 September 2009

Mia's day


I had planned to attend the toast at the Maritime tonight in Mia's honor, but, sadly, have to teach. I'll be thinking of you Mia. 6:30 pm tonight I'll raise a glass (of tea) to you. Wine after class...
I miss you terribly and hope that you are at peace.

Mia brought so much joy and relief to my own struggle with cancer. Up to stage 4 now, it's once again in remission and I'm back to life as usual. I won't forget Mia's request as she slid her arm under mine, held tight and said, "let's grow old together ok"?

Bless my darling Mia, may heaven be filled with peace and serenity-and delicious cappucinos.
Sending love to you and to all.
Here's to world peace - cheers
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. What a great, quintessential, Mia quote! Good luck with your remission, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete