04 May 2010




a serious looking Finn, born April13th 2010

one of Mia's trees, April 11th 2010



He’s here Mi! I did it – I gave birth and in Spanglish, you would have been so proud of me but you were of course watching. Your picture stayed close by and fed me strength. At one point I remembered you grinning away at me through the discomfort of another hot box treatment at the clinic, “It’s doing good things, Tiff”, you’d say – red face covered in a huge smile as I mopped your brow, wishing I could do more. And look at the good thing we have now, Mi. The most wonderful, precious little boy. He makes us supremely happy and just as a world without you isn’t right I now can’t imagine a life without him in it. We feel so lucky chica and I can’t wait till he is old enough so I can tell him all about his angel godmother.

The week he was born one of your trees was in full blossom. We have all been marvelling at how such a small tree could have quite so many flowers but should we really expect any less with your ashes feeding its roots?

Thank you mi amor, for being… well, so damn cool. Keep watching and keeping us safe. We are about to head off on our first road trip with the boy. We are starting him on adventures early. I think you would approve. Stay close by. Te quiero xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment